Monday, October 26, 2009

It's been a very busy week!

I flew home Friday from meeting Junior Miss so I could gather my sewing supplies to attend another quilt class on Saturday at the LQS.  Middle child wanted to make this Elanor Burns quilt so she signed us up for the class.  I don't know about you but sometimes it is more fun to spend the day sewing with ladies with the same likes as you than to read the instructions and sew by yourself!  Plus if we sign up for a class, we are more prone to finish the project than not.  Classes are only $10 and if I don't have to open the book while I am in class, I feel it was worth my time to attend!
Here's middle child posing for me.

Here are some of her blocks.  No wonder she is smiling!  Look at her points!

A pic of Bobbi (owner of LQS) and our instructor for the day, Lisa.  You can see the book we followed is one by Eleanor Burns called Day and Night.  The quilt reminded me of some patterns that use the X-Block.  After you make your original quilt, you have pieces left over that will make other things.

This is how far I got during class.  Now to find time to sew on my borders.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nedra said...

What a great quilt. Especially fun to have one of your daughters who will make it with you. Eleanor Burns was in a booth right behind us in Houston, and I could hear dancing and all kinds of carryin' on going on over there.

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

That's awesome! I love your color choices too!

Ashley said...

I love this quilt. Nice work!!

janessa said...

we look like we used the same fabric!