Friday, November 18, 2011

Bow Ties

A few months ago I joined a group on Facebook so I would be challenged to make a bow-tie quilt. Many years ago I picked up a bow-tie flimsy at a garage sale and told myself way back then that I needed to make one for myself. I decided to use my bright scraps and make it a perfect size to snuggle up in during the winter months. Here is the finished project. I think I would make another one again but use calmer fabrics and not have it be so scrappy but in the meantime this one will do and I accomplished what I set out to do. Sorry for the not so great picture....the wind we are having makes it tough to want to go outside to snap any pictures!

Also, if you have a chance, could you take time this weekend to go vote for my Welcome Fall (scarecrow) quilt? I hate to beg but I know that the other entries do the same thing and who wouldn't love to win a prize?! Go to: http://quiltinggallery.com/ then click on the topic "Vote now: Thanksgiving quilts". Mine is towards the bottom called Welcome Fall. Thank you!

 



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Voted - I'll have Jared vote and I'll vote when I get home. :-) Good luck! I love your bow tie quilt!! Love the bright colors!

cynthia said...

I love this--especially with the constant of the black and white print. It's a great quilt! love the bright scrappiness!