Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

On Thursday we will be celebrating Thanksgiving.  I would like to take this time to share a few of my blessings.

My family.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!  I was blessed with 5 great children and as they have married, I have been able to gain daughter's and son in laws.  I couldn't ask for better spouses for my children.  I love each and everyone of these family members!


Oh the grandbabies!  Nothing is better than being able to be around these little people and love on them!  I enjoy so much being a grammie to these 4...soon to be 5 beautiful babies!  They bring so much joy, laughter and happiness to our lives!


I am usually not one to shout my religion but I do need to say how grateful I am for it!  It is a big part of my life.  It helps shape me and hopefully helps me be a better person.  I am thankful for the privilege to be able to worship as I want.  I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I am also most grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me.  

I am also thankful for living in this beautiful country.  



I am blessed with a warm home when it's cold and a cool home when it's warm.  There is no place like HOME.

I am grateful for our lil' cabin...our home away from home...where we can hang out as a family, play on the beach or ski the slopes.  It is a place where hopefully many memories will be made for our family. 

I am grateful for being at this point in my life where I can travel with my husband, even if it means the ride isn't always the smoothest!  We love to travel so I will take it however it comes!

I am so thankful for new hobbies!  Gardening is becoming a passion and I am thankful I am learning how to grow some of our own food.  I was blessed with a bountiful harvest this year, even when I didn't know exactly what I was doing.

I was blessed to have wonderful parents, who have since passed on but are still with me in my heart.  After my mother passed away, my dad gave me some money as an inheritance from one of my mom's saving's accounts.  In honor of my mother, who taught me how to sew so many years ago, I bought this sewing machine along with a sewing cabinet.  This sewing machine made it so much easier to sew and helped develop a passion for fabric and quilting!

Last....but certainly not least....I am most thankful for my dear husband.  We have been together almost 34 years now and I couldn't ask for a better friend.  He has made me truly love.

At this time of the year I hope you also take time to reflect on those things that you are most grateful for. Please have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Nedra said...

What a beautiful family. You truly do have so much to be Thankful for. It was wonderful to learn more about what is in your heart. Thank you for sharing such a nice post with us.

Ashley said...

This is so sweet! We're thankful for you!! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving - wish we could all be together!