Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Just Around the Corner"

Last week our LQS had a trunk show with quilts from "Just Around the Corner" by Kari Carr. You can find the book at Amazon here.

This is the quilt on the cover. Beautiful!


A close up of the quilt with the scalloped edging and easy mitered border.


Pretty tabletop quilt ready for Christmas.


This was a small sampler quilt in a picture frame.

Batik table runner.


Notice the different fabric scallops on the pillow? Not hard! Really!

I fell in love with this purse!

The technique did not seem hard. For the mitered edge, you take your ruler and draw a triangle at the end of your fabric (2 pieces of fabric, rst). Sew on that line then cut excess away.

Turn your fabric out and there you have your mitered edge. The book explains the scallops...I didn't get any pictures of how to do it, but it was not hard.
The lil' contest is still on over at the Quilting Gallery---till tomorrow.  Did you vote yesterday for my quilt? If you did, THANK YOU!!!! If you didn't, there is still time! I would love to have your vote for my "Welcome Fall" quilt! You can go here to see the quilts and then vote for your favorite....hopefully you like mine just a little bit more than the rest! :) Thanks!!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love your fall quilt so, I went and voted. It looks like you're ahead, yea! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the fun quilts you make. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the contest!

Nedra said...

I checked the most recent results and it looks like you were ahead of the pack. Great quilt Jana! I hope you win today!